- Outstanding, selfless commitment to promotion and preservation of heritage roses, species and garden roses.
- Nominations to come from the States with concurrence of all Regions of that State, and to include detailed reasons for the nomination.
- The final decision to be made by the National Executive of the day.
- Only one Life Membership will be awarded during the life of any National Executive, providing all the criteria have been met. The presentation of the award is to be made at the Biennial Conference.
Deane Ross Memorial Award
- The award may be made from time to time by the National Committee of Heritage Roses in Australia Inc. and limited to one recipient every two years.
- The award shall be made to the person, persons, or organisation making an outstanding contribution to the promotion of old roses over a period of years, as assessed by the National Committee.
- The award shall take the form of a plaque or other form, at the discretion of the National Executive.
- The award shall be made at a National Conference held by Heritage Roses in Australia Inc.
- These rules may be varied from time to time, but the title and the purposes of the award shall not be changed.
Distinguished Service Award
- The award may be made to members or past-members of HRIAI making a distinguished contribution toward fostering the spirit of HRIAI at either a national or Regional level.
- Nominations for the Award may be made through a Coordinator of a Regional Group or by a financial member of HRIAI.
- Nominations shall be in writing and forwarded to the Secretary of HRIAI.
- The Executive Committee shall assess all such nominations and make the award to anyone who meets the above criteria.
- The Award may be decided at any time as the occasion arises, and more than one award may be made on that occasion.
- The Executive’s decision shall be binding and no correspondence shall be entered into about decisions.
- The Award may be presented at the next National or International Conference of HRIAI, or at the discretion of the National Executive.
- The Award may be in the form of a framed certificate, or in any other form considered to be appropriate by the National Executive.